The aim of the event volunteer team is to support Yorkshire Mesmac staff in local events.
• Participating in Yorkshire MESMAC events
• Condom distribution at events
• Condom packing in advance of events
• Helping to create a welcome and friendly atmosphere
Volunteers are not expected to provide a minimum availability commitment as events will happen at irregular intervals.
Those under the age of 16 will be checked for Gillick Competency against the Fraser Guidelines to prevent any safeguarding issues and ensure suitability for the post. The minimum age for event volunteers is 14. This role does not require a DBS.
This role does not require any past experience as relevant training will be provided! (Please see next section for details of what training you will receive)
• Willingness to get involved in team activities
• Interest in volunteering and willingness to learn
• Open and trustworthy
• Genuine interest in people
• Non-judgemental and good at listening
• Flexible and reliable
• Be empathic and offer respect to all staff, service users and other volunteers